Prostate cancer is the second most common cancer in men in the US. Know the facts and take action early.
The facts about prostate cancer
Only men have a prostate gland. The prostate gland is usually the size and shape of a walnut and grows bigger as you get older. It sits underneath the bladder and surrounds the urethra, which is the tube men urinate and ejaculate through. Its main job is to help make semen – the fluid that carries sperm.
In most cases, the outcome for men with testicular cancer is positive, but a 95% chance of survival is no comfort to the 1 man in 20 who won’t make it. Know the facts and take action early.
It’s time to have an honest conversation about mental health.
Around 1 in 4 adults in the United States will experience a mental health problem in a given year. 3 out of four 4 suicides are men. What can we do? Talk. Ask. Listen. Encourage action. Check in.
To speak with someone immediately, contact National Suicide Prevention Lifeline on 1-800-273-8255 (1-800-273-TALK) or Lifeline Crisis Chat.
If life is in danger, call 911 or go directly to emergency services.
The Movember Foundation is the only charity tackling men’s health on a global scale, year round. We have one goal: to stop men dying too young.
Your donation will help us fund world-class programs that are saving and improving the lives of men.
REAL MEN WEAR PINK
SPREAD THE WORD
Share your passion for the Movember Foundation and men’s health loud and proud. They’ve made it nice and easy for you.
HOST AN EVENT
Get together with others who care about the cause and host an event for men’s health. Any excuse for a good time.
THE ART OF MOUSTACHERY
This is a page dedicated to the moustache aficionado who, regardless of culture, fashion or age, appreciates the moustache. Here you’ll find a wealth of information on the Mo; some practical, some outlandish, some fashionable, all worth knowing.
How to grow a Mo
1. Be prepared. Before your first follicle appears, choose the moustache that will grace your face by browsing the inspirational Movember Mo Style Guide.
2. Be brave. The first few days, even weeks, can be uncomfortable and a little awkward as your facial fuzz grows and your Mo takes shape.
3. Ignore the itching. Remind yourself that men have endured worse in the past; you can stand a little face tickle.
4. Shape your moustache using proper grooming techniques. A great Mo comes down to grooming.
5. Nurture it and keep it clean. Look after your Mo, and your Mo will look after you.
Approach with caution…
Accredited Charities for Movember
(all verified through BBB)
– Zero prostate: zerocancer.org
– Official Movember charity: us.movember.com
– American Foundation for Suicide Prevention: afsp.org
– The American Urology Association Foundation: auafoundation.org
– Gay Men’s Health Crisis: gmhc.org
– Livestrong: livestrong.com
– Larry King Cardiac Foundation: lkcf.org
– Sean Kimerling Testicular Cancer Foundation: seankimerling.org