September 15th & 16th 2018 — at the Gallivan Center
Saturday 15th 2018 – noon – 10pm Sunday 16th 2018 – noon – 8pm
In 2018 the festival will be held at the Gallivan Center in Downtown SLC. It is a two day celebration of Salt Lake’s urban and artistic culture for the community, art lovers, and families. The festival features artists, music, dance performance, automotive arts, projection art, virtual reality and new media arts, street basketball league, fashion, live street art and mural painting displays and much more.
THE URBAN ARTS FESTIVAL EXPERIENCE, 2018
– Over 200 artists displaying and selling everything from paintings, photography, and prints to jewelry, clothing, and sculpture.
– Music from over 40 different groups—featuring hip-hop, rock, funk, and jazz.
– Dance performances from top urban dance groups—featuring breakdancing battles and showcases throughout the day.
– Hard N Paint Street Basketball league and slam-dunk contest.
– Digital Graffiti projection art and Virtual Reality art area.
– Live painting demonstrations from Utah’s top mural and street artists as well as a community wall for everyone to paint on.
– Food Truck league featuring the best food trucks in Utah.
– Vendors and booths from non-profit groups and sponsors.
URBAN ARTS FESTIVAL CONNECTS THE ARTS TO COMMUNITY
The Urban Arts Festival benefits the community in Salt Lake in many ways, including giving the public an opportunity to experience some of the most relevant and current art in the state. Attendees will experience some of the newest and most innovative dance and music performances around, as well as participate in the many projects at the festival, voting in the several audience-choice competitions at the festival, taking art workshops, or just enjoying the unique atmosphere that can only be found at the Urban Arts Festival.
The festival draws thousands of people, both from inside and outside the state, to downtown SLC for the day, supporting local businesses such as hotels, restaurants, shops, parking lots, and clubs. The benefits also extend to the artists that sell their unique works at the festival and the many musicians and performers that use this opportunity to increase their visibility and expand their audience. The festival and our patrons brings millions of dollars to the downtown economy and is supported by the Salt Lake City Corp. Salt Lake County and the State of Utah.
This festival is unique to the city as it provides the best opportunity for Urban Artists to be showcased and celebrated for the positive cultural impact they have on the society.
Urban Art is all about city life and culture and Salt Lake City has an amazingly diverse population, many of whom celebrate urban cultural/artistic expressions.
Join us at the 2018 Urban Arts Fest and see what is all about!